Electronic Engineer opportunity at CVC Components
CVC Components Ltd, formally known as The Chelmer Valve Co Ltd, are looking to recruit a new engineer.
Due to the increase of reverse-engineering work undertaken (currently subcontracted out), CVC Components has taken the decision to start a new in-house department.
- Analysing working and non-working samples, in order to rebuild a working PCB.
- You must be able to perform functional testing, fault finding, reverse engineering and be able to repair a variety of Electronic PCBs.
- Record failures and document any repair work undertaken.
- Hand-assembly, final testing and packing of completed Electronic Systems.
- Generating test results for in-house records and for accompanying customer deliveries.
- Generating and amending test documentation as required.
- Ensuring up-to-date calibration of test equipment.
- Fault-finding to component level on PCBs.
- You will be required to conduct basic board-level component training once a month for sales staff.
Skills and Experience
- Electronics testing background, ideally in Marconi or BAE Plessey radar equipment.
- Familiarity with use of electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes etc.
- We primarily use Agilent Network Analyser 300khz (6 GHz) and Aeroflex 3254 (1 kHz – 26.5 GHz), knowledge of these high frequencies is highly desirable.
- Use of a soldering iron.
- The ability to work mainly unsupervised with the possibility of eventually heading the department and being involved in growing the team.
- An analytical and problem-solving approach to work.
- Self-planning and organisational skills, such as time and resource allocation.
- Oral and written communication skills to make technical information easy to understand for non-technical audiences.
- Commercial awareness.
- Awareness of working to ISO 9001 Quality Standards.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year.
COVID-19 considerations: All staff provided with PPE with strict social-distancing guidelines in place.