For Y5-13 | Show your project to scientists and engineers | Cash prizes | Free lunch!
- Are you in a STEM club at primary or secondary school?
- Have you made or investigated something fantastic in technology or science lessons?
- Have you been doing interesting technical projects at home?
- TEACHERS: Would you like to showcase your pupils' / students' work?
- PARENTS, GUARDIANS AND TUTORS: Has your child been working on an exciting project?
If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then exhibit at the annual CSES TEXPO.
The CSES Schools' Technology Exhibition (TEXPO) is for students of all ages across Essex. We welcome all STE(A)M projects, including coursework, hobby projects, and entries from clubs or other competitions. You can also bring a whole club showcase.
The TEXPO is a full-day event towards the end of each academic year. We provide lunch! The awards cover all technical disciplines and there is prize money to be won...
You don't need to do any additional work: bring your project(s) as they are. This could be something you've made, software, experiments, reports, posters, videos, presentations etc.
TEXPO doesn't just serve as a means for winning prizes; you will gain a lot more from it than that. We've listed the benefits below:
✓ Judged by members of industry
Members of local companies form a large part of our judging panel. As well as providing professional feedback and tips, they are happy to discuss careers. This is excellent exposure!
✓ Build your interview and public speaking skills
You will be verbally presenting your project to the judges, and answering their questions. A great way to help boost those interview skills.
✓ Develop your presentation skills
As well as presenting verbally, we encourage you to showcase your project graphically, an ideal opportunity to refine your design skills and ability to put together presentations.
✓ Chance to meet VIPs such as MPs and leaders of the City and County Councils
Local dignitaries love seeing your projects: expect to see several throughout the day and, if they take an interest in your project, to answer their questions too.
✓ Great for CV or University Applications
Entry alone is a great way to show commitment to STEM outside of school, and provides that little something to set you apart from the rest. Even better if you win an award!
✓ See what your peers in other schools have produced
Throughout the day there are opportunities to visit other students' stands and see what their projects are. In fact we are relying on you to do so, as we need you to pick the Students' Choice Award winner.
✓ Win awards!
What more do we have to say than we provide substantial awards for winners, and these are for you, not for your school! (Except the STEM Club Award).
TEXPO is held annually in late June or early July. It's easy to enter:
- Wait until the TEXPO call for entries (typically opens in January-March).
- Find the next TEXPO in our school event listings.
- From the event page, register your project(s) using the simple form.
The following documents should contain all the information you will need:
- This is a leaflet outlining what TEXPO is about, the awards, basic rules and how to enter.
- If you have not entered a TEXPO before, we strongly recommend that you read this first.
- This document gives you all the information you will need to prepare: how to find and access the venue, what happens on the day, what you need to bring, timings for the day and information about the awards evening.
- Please read this document in full if you plan to attend a TEXPO.
- Joining instructions will be sent to all confirmed entrants shortly before the event.
- It is unlikely that you will need to read these, however these are the full and official TEXPO rules for your reference.
- This includes the scoring criteria and weightings that we use.
If you have any queries regarding TEXPO, or your entry has any special requirements, please contact us.