Open to Y5-13 | All STE(A)M projects welcome | Show your work to scientists and engineers | Cash prizes to be won
Are you in a STEM club at primary or secondary school? Have you made something fantastic in technology or science lessons or for your coursework? Have you created some great software? Have you been doing interesting technical projects at home?
Are you a teacher with pupils or students who have high-quality engineering projects to offer, or a STEM initiative/club that you'd like to showcase? Or are you a parent, guardian or tutor whose child has been working on an exciting project?
If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then exhibit at the annual CSES TEXPO. It is at the end of each academic year, and there is prize money to be won!
The CSES Schools' Technology Exhibition (TEXPO) is aimed at students of all ages in schools across Essex. It promotes and rewards science and technology in local schools.
All STE(A)M projects are very welcome, including coursework, hobby projects, and those completed as part of clubs or schemes. The awards cover all disciplines: you are automatically entered into all categories and will not be asked to select one.
TEXPO doesn't just serve as a means for winning prizes; you will gain a lot more from it than that. We've listed the benefits below:
✓ Judged by members of industry
Members of local companies form a large part of our judging panel. As well as providing professional feedback and tips, they are happy to discuss careers. This is excellent exposure!
✓ Build your interview and public speaking skills
You will be verbally presenting your project to the judges, and answering their questions. A great way to help boost those interview skills.
✓ Develop your presentation skills
As well as presenting verbally, we encourage you to showcase your project graphically, an ideal opportunity to refine your design skills and ability to put together presentations.
✓ Chance to meet VIPs such as MPs and leaders of the City and County Councils
Local dignitaries love seeing your projects: expect to see several throughout the day and, if they take an interest in your project, to answer their questions too.
✓ Great for CV or University Applications
Entry alone is a great way to show commitment to STEM outside of school, and provides that little something to set you apart from the rest. Even better if you win an award!
✓ See what your peers in other schools have produced
Throughout the day there are opportunities to visit other students' stands and see what their projects are. In fact we are relying on you to do so, as we need you to pick the Students' Choice Award winner.
✓ Win awards!
What more do we have to say than we provide substantial awards for winners, and these are for you, not for your school! (Except the STEM Club Award).
TEXPO is held annually in late June or early July. It's easy to enter:
- Wait until the TEXPO call for entries (typically opens in January-March).
- Find the next TEXPO in our school event listings.
- From the event page, register your project(s) using the simple form.
The following documents should contain all the information you will need:
- This is a leaflet outlining what TEXPO is about, the awards, basic rules and how to enter.
- If you have not entered a TEXPO before, we strongly recommend that you read this first.
- This document gives you all the information you will need to prepare: how to find and access the venue, what happens on the day, what you need to bring, timings for the day and information about the awards evening.
- Please read this document in full if you plan to attend a TEXPO.
- Joining instructions will be sent to all confirmed entrants shortly before the event.
- It is unlikely that you will need to read these, however these are the full and official TEXPO rules for your reference.
- This includes the scoring criteria and weightings that we use.
If you have any queries regarding TEXPO, or your entry has any special requirements, please contact us.