Centenary Photographic Competition 2023: Electronic Communication - Terms and conditions
Note: The deadline for entry is Friday 23 June 2023 (DEADLINE EXTENDED).
Terms and conditions
- Entrants must live, work and/or be educated within the County of Essex or the Unitary Authorities of Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock.
- The only images accepted will be digital photographs submitted by email. Previously published work not created specifically for the competition is not eligible.
- By submitting an image, the entrant declares that it is his/her own work and free of any copyright other than their own personal copyright. It is the responsibility of entrants to ensure that they do not infringe on the copyright or other rights of any third party.
- Copyright for the submitted images remains with their authors. However, by entering the competition, participants grant CSES permission to use their images online and/or in print for promotional purposes. We reserve the right to manipulate any images used in publicity and marketing material.
- If photos contain people, the entrant is responsible for gaining their consent and (if necessary) securing use their image free of copyright, fee or any other restriction. If your image contains the picture of anyone aged under 18 then you must submit an image consent form signed by their legal guardian.
- A maximum of 3 photos can be submitted per person.
- Photos will not be accepted into the competition if they are deemed inappropriate, this includes images that are offensive, previously published, copyrighted or deemed not to be in accordance with the spirit of the competition.
- We will only consider entries submitted in the correct format as instructed on the online entry form. Images must be of sufficient resolution for screen and print. Minimum suggested resolution is 1400 pixels on the longest edge.
- Prizes available in each category are as follows: 1st prize £50 voucher, 2nd prize £20 voucher, 3rd prize £15 voucher.
- Prizes will only be awarded subject to receiving a sufficient number of submissions at an appropriate standard of quality.
- CSES reserves the right to cancel the competition or alter the rules at any stage if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Students will automatically be enrolled for free as a member of CSES and receive information about our activities and events. You can opt out of this at any time.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final. This includes any judging decisions.
- The winners' first names and schools/colleges (where appropriate) will be announced via our digital channels. If you do not wish for this data to be shared, please tell us by email.
Read on for tips on getting the best result out of your camera phone...