The CSES Schools' Competition 2014 is launched!
CSES annual Schools' Competition 2014, Friday 20 June, Anglia Ruskin University
We are pleased to announce the 2014 launch of our annual Schools’ Engineering and Technology Competition.
The 2014 competition will be held on Friday 20 June 2014 at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, and an awards evening will be held on Thursday 3 July, also at Anglia Ruskin University. Please put these dates in your diary!
The event will take place from 10:00 until 15:00, and doors will open at 09:00 for registration and setup. A light lunch will be provided for entrants and their teachers.
We are excited to announce two major changes to the competition format this year:
- The awards ceremony will be held at a prestigious evening reception for winners and their guests. This evening of elegance replaces the Saturday event and will not require participants to re-exhibit their projects.
- We are adopting a brand new approach to the assessment and categorisation of projects. A simplified marking scheme that does not require entrance into a specific category means that all Engineering and Technology projects, at any level, are eligible and welcome to enter. This can still include GCSE and A Level coursework, and there is improved support for multidisciplinary projects.
The competition is now open for entries.
We hope that you will be entering the 2014 competition and look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions about it, especially if you are from a school that has not entered before, we will be more than happy to talk to you and explain things further if necessary. Please do get in touch.
In the meantime, please note the following important points:
- We are still finalising the timings for the awards evening. Until these are advertised please use 19:00 until 21:00 as a guide.
- All students attending the competition or awards evening must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- Unless CSES receives a written statement to the contrary from an authorised adult, in allowing children in their care to attend the competition or awards ceremony such adults are providing their implicit permission for photographs to be taken at the events that may include their children, and for these photographs to be used by CSES for its own purposes including releasing into the public domain.
- It is usual for students to wear school uniform to attend the competition. The dress code for the awards evening will be advised upon invitation, although school uniform will be acceptable.